First Planting - Autumn 2009

After endless hours of research, books, net and speaking to people I'm definately excited and just need to get out there and start planting.  The type of soil? What is good with which plants, the questions in my head are endless.  At least I wasn't having to deal with the current clayish Melbourian soil, so after lots of reading we decided to find out where to get some organic soil.  The local centre Haddons had some, which was more expensive as anything labelled 'organic' always is.

I had a tray of winter greens I had grown from seed.  The seeds I purchase mainly from Digger's Club (they have a large range of heirloom vegetables, cottage flowers and fruit plants that can be delivered direct to your door - which I soo love) or Eden Seeds which can be ordered over the net.  Membership is worthwhile too as you get access to free seeds and a few other small bonuses and discounts.


This is our patch between 5-6 weeks, here we have growing:
Cauliflower, Spinach, Brocolli, Watercress, Celery, Pack Choi, Lettuce - Coz/Golden Leaf, Peas, Cabbage, Chamomile, Carrots, Garlic and Shallots
  
Pak Choi & Lettuce - Golden Leaf 


Cabbage, Peas and Cos Lettuce

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers