Playing in the Greenhouse

I don't know how game most of you are to get outside in a Melbourne Winter but I must confess that 15 degree days make it hard to get out there rather than gazing out the window from the comfy warmth with a cup of tea in hand.  I rug up and brave that chill in the air anyhow for a few hours today at least the warmth of the greenhouse makes it a treat to work in.

Today I have painted in pots a few Raspberries which were kindly given to me yesterday after visiting some friends in Fairfield - thank you very much to Jan and Johanna for the gifts, I am quite chuffed. Johanna sweetly gave me about 5 canes of two types - one which fruits in Summer and another which fruits in Autumn from their garden.  Not sure where I will put them in the garden yet but for now I will nurse them in the Greenhouse.  I blended some compost and organic soil mix.

I also potted a Blueberry I had in a small pot and dug up the Passionfruit to see if I could save it from continually being eaten by the Earwig army.

Here are my lovely Raspberries :)

About 15 Broccoli growing without holes in the leaves for once!

Tomato plants in flower x 2

Broccoli, Cabbage, Tomato, Brussel Sprout, Raspberry, Chilli and Basil

4 comments:

nicholas said...

Looks fantastic! Winter tomatoes, very impressive. Are thinking about putting up shelves? How much warmer is it usually inside the greenhouse?

V's Fork to Fork said...

thanks Nic - no I hadn't because this was only temporary before we get the aquaponics system going. It is notably warmer not sure how much though.

Anonymous said...

they all look great ,
i to learned from my grandmother , and mom , , im 55 now , and loveto garden , really big into canning , i know some people look at ya kinda strange when you say canning , all i tell them is i would like to read and know what in the can ?????

V's Fork to Fork said...

Thanks! canning now that is something I haven't tried yet. Must do though as soon as I get enough of something. Love the fact we have learnt from our our mothers and grandmothers... gems!
I agree know whatz in that can!
Cheers :)
Vanessa

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers